VIDEO: David Beckham Injured During Soccer Match
- Photo: Will Binns/Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Bill Kostroun/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: JMB/BMC/ZOJ/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 8
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
David Beckham suffered a painful injury Sunday, when the soccer stud tore his left Achilles tendon during the final moments of his AC Milan's 1-0 win over Chievo, and RadarOnline.com has video of what happened.
Beckham, 34, fell into a heap toward the end of the game and had to be carted off on a stretcher, essentially knocking him out of the World Cup competition slated for this summer.
Beckham used crutches and sported wounds on his face departing his Milan hotel Monday morning; he is slated to undergo surgery at the Turku, Finland clinic of Dr. Sakari Orava Monday afternoon.
Orava gave an early timetable of what the soccer star can expect in the coming months.
"We will have to see whether the tendon is completely severed, partly severed, or something in between," he said. "His recovery will depend on what kind of an injury this is, but it will likely take several months before it is completely healed."
"To start kicking and playing football will take about three months," Orava told the BBC. "For maximal performances and maximum kicks and jumps, maybe it takes one month more, three to four months before one is able to do light playing.”
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite