Wendy Williams Slams Beyonce: 'She Sounds Like She Has a Fifth Grade Education'
- Photo: C. Smith/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: @baddiebey/Instagram4 of 13
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin6 of 13
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/GettyImages.com8 of 13
- Photo: Hollywood Branded/Blackberry Porsche/Flickr/.9 of 13
- Photo: @baddiebey/Instagram10 of 13
- Photo: Instagram/.11 of 13
- Photo: Tumblr/.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
If this is how she talks about people she admires, we'd hate to get on Wendy Williams' bad side.
The outspoken talk show host had some harsh words for Beyonce while discussing the newly released trailer for the pop icon's new documentary during her show on Dec. 6.
"I am a Beyonce fan. I'm gonna watch her upcoming documentary, because fortunately one of the TVs in our kitchen has closed captioning, so I'll be able to understand what she says," Williams said. "You know Beyonce can't talk. She sounds like she has a fifth grade education."
Not surprisingly, the audience in her studio didn't take too kindly to Williams' surprise -- not to mention, totally unwarranted -- attack on the Grammy winner, 31.
"Excuse me, I just said I was a fan," the host said in reply to a chorus of boos. "But we have to call a spade a spade."
Beyonce's documentary special is set to air Feb. 16, 2013 on HBO.
Tell Us: Do you think Williams' comments were out of line?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Wendy Williams Slams Beyonce: "She Sounds Like She Has a Fifth Grade Education"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite