Wendy Williams Slams Beyonce: 'She Sounds Like She Has a Fifth Grade Education'
- Photo: C. Smith/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: @baddiebey/Instagram4 of 13
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin6 of 13
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Vince Bucci/GettyImages.com8 of 13
- Photo: Hollywood Branded/Blackberry Porsche/Flickr/.9 of 13
- Photo: @baddiebey/Instagram10 of 13
- Photo: Instagram/.11 of 13
- Photo: Tumblr/.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in FranceMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 5:57:00 AM
- California Super-Sizes Its Film, TV Tax Credit ProgramMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:47:00 AM
- Shonda Rhimes to Make Acting Debut on 'The Mindy Project'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:01:00 AM
- 'Rosewater' Review: Jon Stewart Gets Earnest With a Real-Life Story of Middle EastMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 12:00:00 AM
- John Lennon's Killer: 'Sorry for Being Such an Idiot'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in France
If this is how she talks about people she admires, we'd hate to get on Wendy Williams' bad side.
The outspoken talk show host had some harsh words for Beyonce while discussing the newly released trailer for the pop icon's new documentary during her show on Dec. 6.
"I am a Beyonce fan. I'm gonna watch her upcoming documentary, because fortunately one of the TVs in our kitchen has closed captioning, so I'll be able to understand what she says," Williams said. "You know Beyonce can't talk. She sounds like she has a fifth grade education."
Not surprisingly, the audience in her studio didn't take too kindly to Williams' surprise -- not to mention, totally unwarranted -- attack on the Grammy winner, 31.
"Excuse me, I just said I was a fan," the host said in reply to a chorus of boos. "But we have to call a spade a spade."
Beyonce's documentary special is set to air Feb. 16, 2013 on HBO.
Tell Us: Do you think Williams' comments were out of line?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Wendy Williams Slams Beyonce: "She Sounds Like She Has a Fifth Grade Education"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite