Whitney Port Wants to Dress Kim K in 'body-conscious pieces'Related: Kim Kardashian, Whitney Port
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP4 of 6
- Photo: RD/GDP/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Cannes: Sony Pictures Classic Acquires Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive&MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:04:13 PM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost
By Jen Odell
Ever since "Hills" veteran Whitney Port left SoCal for an immersion in the New York fashion world on "The City," she's been living the dream of any wannabe designer, working first with Diane Von Furstenberg, then landing a gig with Kelly Cutrone. We caught up with Whitney on Saturday as she debuted her spring 2011 Whitney Eve collection, where she dished to us on what it was like to design without MTV's cameras following her every move, what DVF taught her -- and which body-hugging Whitney Eve pieces would look great on certain curvaceous reality TV star.
Wonderwall: In August, you blogged a plea for Kim Kardashian to help you organize your closet. Did she ever answer your prayers?
Whitney Port: No, she never helped me! I wasn't really expecting her to, but I'd just heard that she was a closet organizer in her past life. And I was living in this really horrible bedroom at the time and I wanted her to come help me clean it up.
WW: Which piece from your Whitney Eve spring collection would Kim look great in?
WP: I think she'd probably like the body-conscious pieces. I made these spandex layering pieces in all different colors: bandeaus and little bras, leggings, dresses or tunics that I think she might like with maybe a jacket paired over it.
WW: How did the new line come together?
WP: I did it all in Los Angeles because we were able to do it while I was on a hiatus from filming ["The City"]. I had a really great team of pattern makers and sewers. But it all really stemmed from a lot of cuts and tears that I pulled, a lot of pictures that I took of people on the street whose looks I liked.
WW: What were you able to do as a designer with the cameras off for a change?
WP: A lot. I feel like I was actually able to enjoy the process. Nothing was being watched. I didn't have to be conscious of anything. I could come in to work looking like yuck and not have to worry about it.
WW: Which celeb's style has inspired your designs?
WP: Keira Knightley is someone whose style I really admire. And the element of her fashion sense that I think you'll see throughout this is a kind of menswear-inspired look, but with a more feminine touch on it.
WW: What design lessons did you learn from Diane Von Furstenberg?
WP: I think that Diane really knows how to dress women of all shapes and sizes and that's something that I wasn't really paying attention to in the beginning. And now I feel that it's really important -- that you can't just dress for one customer. You have to broaden your horizons.
RELATED: See more Kim K. pics
WW: Given your opposition to people like Heidi Montag getting plastic surgery, what's your take on all the Photoshopping that goes on in magazines these days?
WP: I think that Photoshop is something that everyone does now, whether it's an ad or whatever. Obviously, I don't want someone to change how my clothes look, what that true essence of them is because I worked hard to make it look that way, but at that point, what can I do?
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite