Willard Scott marries girlfriend at 80: 'Today' show vet weds Paris Keena
- Photo: INB/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback PlansMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:24:00 AM
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' Review: Scott Bakula Steers CBS's Competent ExpansionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:18:00 AM
- Comic Book Overload: Why TV Has Gone to the SuperheroesMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:09:00 AM
- Paula Deen Returns to 'Today' Show After N-Word Fiasco to Apologize and Make Some MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Black-ish' Creator Goes for Specific Stereotypes While Telling a Universal StoryMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:00:00 AM
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback Plans
Great Scott! Willard Scott has tied the knot with his girlfriend, Paris Keena, the "Today" show announced on Wednesday, April 2. The "Today" veteran, 80, and his longtime love said "I do" in Fort Myers, Fla., on April Fool's Day.
"By the way, we also gave some great news this morning about another surprise wedding in our family," "Today" co-host Matt Lauer said Wednesday. "Yesterday, Willard Scott and his longtime partner, Paris Keena, tied the knot."
"Willis and Paris have been together for about 11 years," Lauer added. "Congratulations to the both of you. We love you both." (Fellow co-host Savannah Guthrie married communications strategist Mike Feldman in Tucson, Ariz., on March 15; she's also four-months pregnant with their first child.)
Scott first met his new bride when she was working for NBC's Washington affiliate, WRC, in 1977. Scott joined the "Today" show in 1980 as its weatherman and went into semi-retirement in 1996 after being replaced by Al Roker. He continues to appear on the network from the Fort Myers studio, WBBH, giving birthday tributes to viewers, which is sponsored by Smucker's jellies.
Scott and Keen have waited over a decade to get hitched, and it seems they are in no rush to honeymoon either. "Our whole life has been a honeymoon," Keena told "Today."
Scott was previously married to Mary Dwyer from 1959 until her death in 2002. He has two daughters, Mary and Sally, and two grandchildren.
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite