Willow Palin defends her mom with anti-gay remarkRelated: Bristol Palin, Sarah Palin
- Photo: Ross D. Franklin/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Gilles Mingasson/TLC/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: WENN5 of 8
- Photo: AP6 of 8
- Photo: Fern/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
By Jen Odell
It sounds like Sarah Palin's 16-year-old daughter, Willow, may have missed the memo that even if you're famous, it's not copacetic to use the word "gay" in a derogatory way.
During the Nov. 14 premiere of Willow's mom's new reality show, a Facebook user named Tre used the social media site to opine that "Sarah Palin's Alaska is failing so hard right now."
According to screen shots of Willow and Tre's Facebook pages (on which the last names have been blacked out) on TMZ, Willow shot back, "Haha your so gay. I have no idea who you are, But what I've seen pictures of, your disgusting... My sister has a kid and is still hot." She later wrote, "Tre stfu. Your such a f-----."
RELATED VIDEO: Bristol Palin shoots a safe sex PSA
Eventually, Willow's older sister Bristol stepped in, lashing out at a user named Jon after comments on the page began to blow up. "You'll be as successful as my baby daddy," she reportedly wrote. "And actually I do work my a-- off. I've been a single mom for the last two years."
Finally, Willow posted: "Sorry that you guys are all jealous of my families success and you guys aren't goin to go anywhere with your lives."
On Tuesday night, after the online feud leaked to the press, Bristol regained her media savvy. "Willow and I shouldn't have reacted to negative comments about our family. We apologize," she posted, adding, "On a nicer note, thank you for supporting the great competition in Dancing with the Stars!"
The Palin family's latest "oops" moment comes just a month after Anderson Cooper and others called out Vince Vaughn and the makers of the film, "The Dilemma" for including a scene in which Vaughn says, "that's so gay" in a derogatory way. Though Vaughn later defended the film's script, critics worried that Hollywood risked glamorizing homophobia even as suicides by gay teens were on the rise.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite