Kardashian Wedding Groomsman Tells All: 'This Marriage Has Nothing to Do With TV'
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage1 of 39
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 39
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 39
- Photo: AHS/Promotional4 of 39
- Photo: WENN5 of 39
- Photo: Antonio Calanni/Invision/AP6 of 39
- Photo: David Becker/WireImage7 of 39
- Photo: JD Pht Bx & MCGM/Splash News8 of 39
- Photo: Splash News9 of 39
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage10 of 39
- Photo: EBLV/Splash News11 of 39
- Photo: EBLV/Splash News12 of 39
- Photo: Splash News13 of 39
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News14 of 39
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com15 of 39
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN16 of 39
- Photo: JE1/WENN17 of 39
- Photo: FS2/WENN18 of 39
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com19 of 39
- Photo: FS2/WENN20 of 39
- Photo: Pichichi / Splash News/Splash News21 of 39
- Photo: Splash News22 of 39
- Photo: Splash News23 of 39
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News24 of 39
- Photo: Splash News25 of 39
- Photo: WENN26 of 39
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com27 of 39
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News28 of 39
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News29 of 39
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com30 of 39
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com31 of 39
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage32 of 39
- Photo: Julio Cortez/Invision/AP33 of 39
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN34 of 39
- Photo: Promotional35 of 39
- Photo: Fame Pictures36 of 39
- Photo: BT1/WENN37 of 39
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Twitter38 of 39
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
By Jon Warech
Just days before her highly anticipated wedding, Kim Kardashian was out Wednesday night at Colony Night Club in Hollywood doing what she does best: promoting her latest product (this time it's Kardashian Kollection for Sears) and filming her hit reality show, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." But just because Kim is still working hard doesn't mean she and fiancé Kris Humphries aren't ready for their Aug. 20 nuptials in Montecito, Calif.
Groomsman and longtime Humphries friend Adam Sosnick tells Wonderwall that behind all the hype is a lifetime of preparation. "Kim knows what she wants, so I'm sure it will be a perfect day," said Sosnick, who met Humphries back in the NBA star's home state of Minnesota. "I've been to a ton of weddings; this is not even comparable to any other wedding. The buildup for this day is pretty surreal."
While the wedding is getting a lot of media attention, Sosnick says that through it all, they are just a regular happy couple. "They're very lovey-dovey and normal," he said. "In fact they're probably more lovey-dovey than most of the marriages I've seen. A lot of my friends don't seem as into each other as Kris and Kim do." They may seem like the perfect couple today, but a year ago when they started their whirlwind romance, Humphries' friends were a bit shocked.
"I didn't believe him," Sosnick joked. "He put her on the phone, and then I obviously had to believe him."
Since then, the couple has vacationed in Mexico, spent the Fourth of July with his family in Minnesota and even met up in Las Vegas during what was supposed to be separate bachelor and bachelorette parties. Throughout all these trips, Kim has done her best to integrate herself in Humphries' life. "The first time I met Kim, we were on vacation in Mexico, and she was so sweet," Sosnick said. "Kris has a tight circle of friends, and she went out of her way to get to know everyone and become friendly with his friends."
RELATED: Take a look at Kim's past loves
Despite his NBA success and newfound reality show fame, Kris has stayed loyal to his core group of friends. While you would expect the list of groomsmen to be packed with celebrities, Humphries has kept it to a short list of friends from Minnesota and one teammate from his rookie year. "He's not going to change who he is as a person," Sosnick said. "He's a 6-foot-9-inch good-looking NBA star, so he always got a good amount of attention. This is obviously a completely different level, but he's pretty grounded and is the same guy he's always been."
RELATED: Celeb Engagement Rings Revealed
As proof that he's still a regular, fun-loving guy, Humphries is planning to have all his groomsmen sport mustaches for the ceremony. "I think it's hilarious," Sosnick said. "It wasn't my idea, but if that's what they want to do, then I'm all for it." Unlike most weddings, though, the groomsmen have been on a tight schedule for every event surrounding the big day, including multiple fittings for their Zegna tuxedos and abiding by the "no cellphone" rule at the ceremony.
"They fly you out to L.A. for one day to getting fitted for a custom-fit Zegna tuxedo, and then you're out," he said. "It's not like any other wedding I've been to."
RELATED: Whirlwind Weddings
Through it all, Sosnick feels that even though this wedding will be dissected in the press and then aired in a two-night special on E! Oct. 9-10, all in all, they are a very real, happy couple.
"He's not playing a husband on a television show. They're filming everything, but this marriage has nothing to do with TV," he said. "They're super-comfortable around each other and very much in love. They hit it off from the get-go and their personalities just meshed really well. Last year at this time, I doubt Kris saw himself getting married, but when it's right, it's right."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite