Zoe Saldana: I Need a Trainer To 'Grill' Me During Workouts
- Photo: Erik Jordan/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Sultana/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG10 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/R-STEINBERG11 of 16
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Zoe Saldana/GQ13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
Zoe Saldana frequently gets her ass kicked in the gym -- and that's exactly how she likes it.
The 33-year-old tells Us Weekly she works with Hollywood-based trainer Steve Moyer to stay in shape and get red carpet ready. Because she considers herself an athlete, Saldana doesn't "walk in going, 'Oh, just make me beautiful!" she said Sunday at the Second Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in L.A.
"We target whatever I want to target," she explained. "If I know I'm doing a movie and I need my thighs to get stronger, we start tackling exercises that strengthen the body. If I'm like, 'I'm going to an event in a week and I want my arms to look really toned,' we do stuff for that."
The "Colombiana" star added that she relies on Moyer because she doesn't "like to work out on my own. I like to get grilled!"
Saldana's other workout essentials include drinking lots of water and listening to "really good music!"
"Right now I'm listening a Rihanna's 'We Found Love' a lot," she told Us, adding that she's a fan of a new band called Jessica 6. "They're so good!"
Once she's feeling red carpet ready, Saldana said she makes sure to eat a healthy meal before leaving the house.
"It's important to not have an empty stomach when you're walking the red carpet because so many things can go wrong. Eat what makes you happy and not what makes you bloated and have a great time," she told Us. "That's always been my motto! And every now and then you can have a glass of wine -- it takes off the edge!"
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite