- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour1 of 7
By Chris Gardner
To her critics, Zooey Deschanel's quirky girl persona may seem like an adorably annoying act. But that couldn't be further from the truth, Deschanel says in the new issue of Glamour. The only blueprint she has in place is to trust her gut and be honest. She practices that principle in the mag's February issue, sounding off on a variety of hot-button topics ranging from Hollywood's weight issues to whether or not her image is calculated.
On being seen as an oddly controversial figure to some women and her critics:
"I'm just being myself. There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can't be feminine and be feminists and be successful? I want to be a f---ing feminist and wear a f---ing Peter Pan collar. So f--king what?"
Keep clicking for more pics and quotes from Deschanel's Glamour cover ...
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite