Zooey Deschanel, Husband Ben Gibbard Separate
- Photo: RK7/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG9 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: @mariolopez/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: @msleamichele/Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: New York Magazine/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse AllegationsMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:27:00 PM
- Amanda Seyfried Joins Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund in Joe Wright's 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse Allegations
No more She and Him.
"It was mutual and amicable," a source adds. "There was no third party involved."
The "New Girl" actress, 31, and Death Cab for Cutie frontman, 35, got married near Seattle, Wash. in late September 2009.
In Deschanel's September cover story in New York magazine, Gibbard gushed about meeting and pursuing the star, who also fronts the band She and Him. "I'd seen her movies and obviously I thought she was very beautiful," Gibbard explained.
When their mutual music manager finally introduced them three years ago, "I was just awestruck that she was even talking to me."
Deschanel told iVillage that it was "definitely hard" being apart from her indie rocker guy when he was away on tour. "He's really good at calling. He's probably better than I am. He's a very conscientious person."
What surprised her most about marriage life? "You can't expect to make no effort. You still have to make the effort and be kind and understanding. It sort of just solidifies your commitment."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite