Zooey Deschanel, Husband Ben Gibbard Separate
- Photo: RK7/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG9 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: @mariolopez/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: @msleamichele/Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: New York Magazine/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
No more She and Him.
"It was mutual and amicable," a source adds. "There was no third party involved."
The "New Girl" actress, 31, and Death Cab for Cutie frontman, 35, got married near Seattle, Wash. in late September 2009.
In Deschanel's September cover story in New York magazine, Gibbard gushed about meeting and pursuing the star, who also fronts the band She and Him. "I'd seen her movies and obviously I thought she was very beautiful," Gibbard explained.
When their mutual music manager finally introduced them three years ago, "I was just awestruck that she was even talking to me."
Deschanel told iVillage that it was "definitely hard" being apart from her indie rocker guy when he was away on tour. "He's really good at calling. He's probably better than I am. He's a very conscientious person."
What surprised her most about marriage life? "You can't expect to make no effort. You still have to make the effort and be kind and understanding. It sort of just solidifies your commitment."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite