Zooey Deschanel, Husband Ben Gibbard Separate
- Photo: RK7/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG9 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: @mariolopez/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: @msleamichele/Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: New York Magazine/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
No more She and Him.
"It was mutual and amicable," a source adds. "There was no third party involved."
The "New Girl" actress, 31, and Death Cab for Cutie frontman, 35, got married near Seattle, Wash. in late September 2009.
In Deschanel's September cover story in New York magazine, Gibbard gushed about meeting and pursuing the star, who also fronts the band She and Him. "I'd seen her movies and obviously I thought she was very beautiful," Gibbard explained.
When their mutual music manager finally introduced them three years ago, "I was just awestruck that she was even talking to me."
Deschanel told iVillage that it was "definitely hard" being apart from her indie rocker guy when he was away on tour. "He's really good at calling. He's probably better than I am. He's a very conscientious person."
What surprised her most about marriage life? "You can't expect to make no effort. You still have to make the effort and be kind and understanding. It sort of just solidifies your commitment."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMemorable Looks
From Crowd Ignite