Zooey Deschanel, Husband Ben Gibbard Separate
- Photo: RK7/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG9 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: @mariolopez/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: @msleamichele/Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: New York Magazine/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
No more She and Him.
"It was mutual and amicable," a source adds. "There was no third party involved."
The "New Girl" actress, 31, and Death Cab for Cutie frontman, 35, got married near Seattle, Wash. in late September 2009.
In Deschanel's September cover story in New York magazine, Gibbard gushed about meeting and pursuing the star, who also fronts the band She and Him. "I'd seen her movies and obviously I thought she was very beautiful," Gibbard explained.
When their mutual music manager finally introduced them three years ago, "I was just awestruck that she was even talking to me."
Deschanel told iVillage that it was "definitely hard" being apart from her indie rocker guy when he was away on tour. "He's really good at calling. He's probably better than I am. He's a very conscientious person."
What surprised her most about marriage life? "You can't expect to make no effort. You still have to make the effort and be kind and understanding. It sort of just solidifies your commitment."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite