Zooey Deschanel, Husband Ben Gibbard Separate
- Photo: RK7/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG9 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News11 of 16
- Photo: @mariolopez/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: @msleamichele/Wonderwall13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: New York Magazine/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
No more She and Him.
"It was mutual and amicable," a source adds. "There was no third party involved."
The "New Girl" actress, 31, and Death Cab for Cutie frontman, 35, got married near Seattle, Wash. in late September 2009.
In Deschanel's September cover story in New York magazine, Gibbard gushed about meeting and pursuing the star, who also fronts the band She and Him. "I'd seen her movies and obviously I thought she was very beautiful," Gibbard explained.
When their mutual music manager finally introduced them three years ago, "I was just awestruck that she was even talking to me."
Deschanel told iVillage that it was "definitely hard" being apart from her indie rocker guy when he was away on tour. "He's really good at calling. He's probably better than I am. He's a very conscientious person."
What surprised her most about marriage life? "You can't expect to make no effort. You still have to make the effort and be kind and understanding. It sort of just solidifies your commitment."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite