Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband extended as conservator
- Photo: curt wilcott/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Matt Smith/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Lennox McLendon/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Julie Markes/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Need for Speed' a thrilling stunt festMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:27:14 AM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fall
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband will remain the ailing actress' conservator until at least August and will have to account for her assets, a judge ruled Wednesday.
RELATED: Remembering Dick Clark
Fredric von Anhalt has served as his wife's conservator since July after the actress' daughter questioned whether he was providing proper medical care and appropriately managing her finances.
An attorney appointed to represent Gabor's interests wrote in a report that von Anhalt has generally been a good steward of his wife and has complied with terms of a settlement that required strict financial oversight. The report by attorney LeAnne Maillian states it appears von Anhalt had used some of his wife's money to pay his own expenses, but that he has already repaid it.
Von Anhalt's attorney William Remery declined to state how much was repaid.
RELATED: Remembering Whitney Houston
Gabor, a Hungarian-born sexpot of the 1950s and 1960s, has been in declining health in recent years. She has contended with a broken hip, a leg amputated because of gangrene, blood clots, infections, pneumonia and other ailments and requires around-the-clock care.
Superior Court Judge Reva Goetz said Frederic von Anhalt should provide details about his wife's finances by July so that she can review details before she reviews the case again on Aug. 21.
Maillian said she is receiving monthly financial reports about Gabor's estate.
Gabor's daughter Francesca Hilton has questioned whether von Anhalt was properly caring for her 95-year-old mother and her finances. Hilton's attorney Kenneth Kossoff said Wednesday he is still seeking more details about Gabor's medical care, but that didn't want to publicly discuss them.
RELATED: Remembering Donna Summer
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite